We, at McIntyre Elder Law, are growing and expanding and are looking for the right people grow with. Our main office is located in the gateway of uptown Shelby, and we offer the opportunity to meet the best clients, and really make a difference in their lives. We have expanding into Mecklenburg County and have an office space in uptown Charlotte on N. Tryon St. We are looking to attract and bring on the brightest and most talented personnel to help expand McIntyre Elder Law in the Charlotte region and beyond.
There is a full-time Associate Attorney position available at McIntyre Elder Law, PLLC for an extremely bright and talented attorney. A successful candidate will need to have a passion for elder law and fighting for others in need, have strong interpersonal and communication skill and an excellent eye for detail. Strong research skills, the desire and ability to review Medicaid and VA applications and create plans for benefit approvals is critical. The ability to develop and manage relationships with clients and other firm members is paramount to driving personal and firm success. Experience in estate planning, asset protection and elder law, with a passion for helping clients in challenging life situations, navigate complex estate planning processes, Medicaid and Veterans Benefits planning while providing peace of mind for clients and their family members. The ideal candidate will work great with a team in a team environment and join a growing firm with aspirations to be a regional, statewide and nationwide presence. Our team and lead attorney are extremely motivated and you should be too!
Strong knowledge of North Carolina Medicaid laws and Veterans Benefits preferred.
- Meeting and advising clients regarding asset protection, estate planning, powers of attorney, living wills, deeds, Medicaid planning, Veteran’s Aid & Attendance, etc.
- Conducting effective legal research, analyzing data and providing legal solutions for the needs of our clients.
- Effectively communicating with clients, engage with staff and others in person, via phone and emails.
- Meeting with clients to explain and assist them with executing their estate planning, asset protection, general durable powers of attorney, healthcare powers of attorney, Medicaid and/or Veteran’s benefits documents etc.
- Graduate of an accredited law program and licensed to practice law in the State of North Carolina.
- Experience in elder law, estate planning, Medicaid Planning and Veteran’s Aid & Attendance. Strong knowledge of legal research, laws and regulations related to elder law, Medicaid, Veterans Benefits, estate planning, estate and trust administration.
- Ability to maintain high levels of professional conduct, communicate effectively with clients and colleagues.
- Self-motivated and ability to effectively manage, organize and complete high caseloads.
- Client service oriented, ability to assess clients’ needs, empathize, assist with challenging life problems, and deliver quality services.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Quick learner, comfortable with technology and ability to quickly learn unfamiliar software.
- Commission Pay based on experience.
- Malpractice Insurance Paid.
- CLE Paid.
Job Type: Full-time
Required license or certification:
- North Carolina Bar Licensure
|Job Category||Associate Attorney|